Wednesday, January 8, 2014

You Are a Soldier in the Revolutionary War. Write a Letter Home.

To My Beloved Wife,
            I do not know what to do when my contract ends. We are starving with little clothing and supplies. The rations are smaller than you can imagine, and we have no blankets in the middle of winter. Because of that, we are losing supplies very rapidly. We trudge through deep snow for miles a day with no shoes or coat. And, we are losing to the British. These are all things that trouble me.
            However, I wish more to extend my contract than shorten it. What I really want and what I came to this country for was liberty. I do not want these British in charge of this country; I want freedom. And freedom is not gained by sitting at home. Sometimes, you have to fight for it. This is one of those times. We are very lucky to have General Washington, who is smart and bold. Mark my words; we will not lose with him on our side. Please, I wish for you to write me back on what you think of my decision.

            Your Beloved Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment