Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What Are You Willing to Pay for the Price of Freedom?

            What am I willing to pay for the price of freedom? Let’s see…well, millions have died for freedom. Lots have suffered much for freedom. Some people are cowards and won’t give their life for anything. But I don’t blame them; they don’t know what’s coming next. What about our founding fathers? Were they cowards? No. They were willing to give their lives, fortunes, and honor for freedom. Isn’t that everything? Well, if it was or not, they still have their honor. But it is hard to say what I would be willing to give. I have never been in a situation where I have had to give anything for freedom. But I think I would probably give my fortune for freedom. And I might give my honor. But give my life? Well, I’d have to think about that.
            I would be willing to give my fortune for freedom because if I did, freedom would become my fortune. Trading my fortune for freedom? No big deal. Fortune means, “Position in life determined by wealth.” I am not wealthy; in fact I am probably the opposite. But if I were wealthy, I would, without hesitation, give it all and more for freedom. Fortune could also be defined as “luck” but I would be willing to go through bad luck for freedom. “Man may choose to do good or evil, and to bring on himself fortune or misfortune.” (The author is anonymous). I think if someone gave their fortune, if it was for good, it would come back to them.
I would be willing to give my honor because if you give your honor for a good cause, it will always come back to you. If you are good and make good choices, you can never get rid of your honor. Honor is very important to most people. They will not give it up, even for a second. I don’t blame them. They don’t understand that it will come back to them if they are righteous.
Would I be willing to give my life? Here are some reasons it would be worth it. 1. I would go to a better place. 2. If I were still destined for something great God would spare me. 3. The only people who care about my life know where I go when I die. 4. I would die for my honor, if it was my duty. 5. If I died for freedom my descendants wouldn’t have to.

I hope I would be willing to die for freedom. I would not want to be a coward and I hope I would choose the right way if I had to pay something for the price of freedom. So the answer to the question, “What are you willing to pay for the price of freedom?” is, “my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment