Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Key of Liberty Notes: Page 1

1. I will take all your land and charge you rent à Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. I will charge you a fee that I believe will keep you from ever having any excess with which to compete against my power à A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. I will become your only heir à Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. If you rebel, I will take all your belongings à Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. I will become your only bank and make all the rules for that bank à Centralization of credit in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. I will control how you communicate with your other neighbors and your ability to travel à Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. I will be your boss and own all the means of production à Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. I will make you work à Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. I will move you wherever I want. If you give me trouble you might even find yourself trying to eke out a living on a frozen rock someplace à Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. I will become your child’s teacher à Free education for all children in the public schools. Abolition of child factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment